- If you spend months studying and working just for the chance of getting it; then it’s worth having.
- If other people know that you had to work your ass off to get that piece of paper, then the piece of paper is worth showing.
- If well-recognized masters scrutinize and examine you after your study and effort, and then sign their name, then that piece of paper is golden.
- If only half the people who make the attempt achieve the goal, then that piece of paper is a competitive advantage.
That’s the long and short of it. A certification worth having is one that you have to work your ass off just to get a chance of receiving.
- It should take months or years.
- It should cost a lot, just to make the attempt.
- It should be backed by experts whose reputations are on the line.
- A sizable fraction should fail or drop-out.